I’m actually extra giddy today. Can you guess why? Well, I’m proud to say we won 4 out of our 5 games last weekend and that has ultimately lead us to the top 12 teams that will be playing for the championships. The boys are so excited to start training again that they suggested another round of sitting down just to discuss about some vertical jump techniques they can use for training. They think they need more vertical jump tips more than ever especially now that they’re aiming for the champion title.
Of course, I’m more than happy to give them more information on how they can possibly step up their game especially after losing to their first game. Their opposing team was undeniably adept in their vertical jumps, dunking here and there. So, I consulted my friend who is an expert on vertical jump workout and he was kind enough to give out some tips on how to jump higher for basketball. Here are some of his tips:
- Laundry jump- this is a great way to enhance explosiveness. It focuses on lateral movements, particularly cutting ability. The first thing you should do is to place anything, may it be a paper bag, stone, or anything raised at to 24 inches high. Start jumping lateral over the object. For better results, aim to jump as high as you can.
- No arm hops- when it comes to enhancing your vertical jump, doing this routine is the best choice. It helps increase the muscle explosiveness most particularly the muscles of the legs. To do this, you must position both of your hands on your head and jump as high as you can while lift your legs up so they touch your chest. Land gently on the ground using your feet.
- Rim jump- this type of drill is efficient on some specific muscle parts that are essential for vertical jumping. Try reaching for a high object which will serve as your target. Jump as high as you can to get near to the object using only one of your hands. Execute the same style all over again. Just remember to grab the object with the other hand.
- Ankle hop- this is one of the least complex exercise for muscle explosiveness. You’ll only need to remember to focus on the calf muscles explosiveness. Stand straight on two legs when doing this. Jump upwards as much as you can with the use of your calf muscles. Applying the upward range when performing the jump will allow you to perfect this exam.
- Power Skip- with this exercise, you target your hips and calf muscles to act explosively. Lift one of your legs as you strive to skip to do this routine best. Put an effort to move in to get hold of your chest with one leg. Remember to swing your arms when you have your leg directed to your chest.
- Split Leg Hop-through this drill you target and enhance single leg explosiveness. Put your weight on one leg to start this routine. The next thing you should do is to jump as high as you can by using that one leg. In order for you to perfect this step, you need to attain the greatest height and distance
These are just some of the tips my friend gave me and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a great help. I’m even confident we’ll make it to the top or even bag the champion title. Well, I’m crossing my fingers here.